Vegetables on the Grill
In the throes of these gorgeous, hazy days of summer, BBQ grills are out in all their glory. (Or at least they want to be!) And what better way to show off your grilling skills, than a fresh, juicy, Canadian Prime
steak Cauliflower Steak?
Yes, Cauliflower Steak. “Loaded Grilled Cauliflower” steaks to be exact.
We promise that when you taste these grilled vegetable recipes, which range from decadent and sinful to delicate and light to downright ingenious, that marbled cut of meat will be but a distant memory.
Local. Seasonal. Community.
And why not? It’s local. And, it’s produce season! In these warm months, Farmers’ Markets are seemingly everywhere. (Find one in your Ontario neighbourhood HERE.)
Pick-Your-Own or U-Pick farms, which have been waiting all year for this season, are stocked and at the ready. (List of Ontario Pick-Your-Own farms HERE.)
So, pack the kids; or don’t (sorry, no list of local babysitters HERE). But get out there and explore your community’s outdoor farm-to-table offerings –or– the produce section of your favourite air-conditioned grocery. Either way, with dishes like Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn, (we caution that) you may suddenly find your backyard crawling with hungry neighbours.
In no particular order of deliciousness
- Zucchini and Cauliflower Skewers with Feta RECIPE
- Mexican-Style Corn on the Cob with Lime, Ancho, and Queso Fresco RECIPE
- Grilled Fajita Vegetable Skewers RECIPE (This would be divine with Mas des Bressades Cuvée Tradition Blanc.)
- (You either love ’em or hate ’em. Guess which camp we’re in.) Grilled Brussels Sprouts RECIPE
- Peach Panzanella with Burrata RECIPE
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn RECIPE
- Loaded Grilled Cauliflower RECIPE
Okay, so these aren’t technically (or even remotely close to) veggie recipes, but they are indeed BBQ grill recipes
- Rolo Stuffed Bananas RECIPE
- Skillet Beer Cheese RECIPE
- Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon-Sugar Butter RECIPE